Options

How to send ESC Sequenses from ATTAIN to my Printer

Rik_AndersenRik_Andersen Member Posts: 4
edited 2002-11-13 in Navision Attain
I have stored forms in my printer (in NV RAM). I need to trigger these forms by sending ESC Sequenses to the printer from ATTAIN. I have been able to do so in Navision 3.56a (DOS) because I could control then print drivers locally. Is there in any way a possibility in ATTAIN to send ESC Sequenses to the printer via Reports or other means etc.? :roll:

Comments

• Options
    SvendSvend Member Posts: 3
    As Attain (and Financials) send all the reports to windows there is no command in the report you can set to activate the Macros in the printer.

You can however use the SHELL command to send commands to the printer.
  • Options
    mvmv Member Posts: 4
    Even in Financials/Attain you can create a string containing the ESC-sequence and send it to the printer. Problem is most recent printerdrivers will ignore such sequences.

Using others (mostly older printer drivers) can sometime solve the problem - but obviously using "wrong" drivers might cause problems when selecting trays etc.

But still -- experimenting with other drivers might solve the problem. One driver that is known to allow ESC-sequences is HP4-Si -- this driver will work for most recent HP-printers as well.