Options

Caution: Your Program License expires in 25 days

ozenineozenine Member Posts: 19
Hi Guys,
One of the customers we are supported is getting the License Expires error message when accessing Development Environment. They are on NAV 2015.
There is no error when client is launched, only on the designer. Any ideas?
93sogne8usnx.png

Best Answer

• Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 396
    Answer ✓
    This is standard behaviour.
    At startup, the development environment looks for a local fin.flf file in client directory,
    before it falls back on the server license.
    Somebody renamed a development license to fin.flf, and put it in the client directory.

It is even possible to look for license files at other places. Check the shortcut properties of the dev environment for that.

This explains why the client is running fine.
    They both run under a different license at start.

Answers

• Options
    tomcollinstomcollins Member Posts: 5
    edited 2024-06-19
    for all i know, customer licenses don't expire. (only the enhancement plan does, which doesn't trigger an error message). so my best guess is that your customer is running on a partner development license when opening the development environment.
  • Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 396
    Answer ✓
    This is standard behaviour.
    At startup, the development environment looks for a local fin.flf file in client directory,
    before it falls back on the server license.
    Somebody renamed a development license to fin.flf, and put it in the client directory.

It is even possible to look for license files at other places. Check the shortcut properties of the dev environment for that.

This explains why the client is running fine.
    They both run under a different license at start.
  • Options
    ozenineozenine Member Posts: 19
    Thanks guys. This is resolved. I have put customer's license file on the server. Interestingly enough, there were no license there before. I am still wondering where (and which) license was it picking up.
    BTW, Eric Hougaard has a great tool for exporting the license from SQL:
    https://www.hougaard.com/export-nav-license-from-sql-server/