Options

Error BC14 | Another user has changed the definition of the Server Instance table after the activity

Jonh_MilkyJonh_Milky Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

How are you?
I have BC14 CU52 with 4 databases (currently working on the transition to AL) , that up until now was ok. As of this weekend for one of the databases i can no longer run objects directly from the development environment or debug.
Below the error message

kicyp9s9idsu.jpg

The same happens if i try to add a breakpoint on the code, then the error is the same but the table name changes.

With the other 3 databases (and same binary installation) everything is still fine.

Does anyone have an idea of that this might be?

Thanks in advance for your expertise :smile:

Best Answer

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,125
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you you stop all BC services on that database, then truncate the Debugger Breakpoint, and the Server Instance table, before restarting the services.

We had issues with the Breakpoint table on this platform version, inexplicable malfunctions, which were solved by restarting the services, and general issues with table synchronizations.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you you stop all BC services on that database, then truncate the Debugger Breakpoint, and the Server Instance table, before restarting the services.

We had issues with the Breakpoint table on this platform version, inexplicable malfunctions, which were solved by restarting the services, and general issues with table synchronizations.
  • Options
    Hi vaprog,

Thanks for your help. I've tried it but i still have the same problem :(
    Probably the issue is on a different system table...
  • Options
    tmadsentmadsen Member Posts: 6
    I am running into the same issue. Also BC14, CU 29. Have one serverinstance on the machine that it works fine for, another instance on the same machine that has the problem. Same C/SIDE client, just different databases. Server is running in VM on azure, SQL DB is Azure SQL. Also just runing File, Database Information from C/SIDE will generate the same error. I have tried restore 2 months old database, still have the same problem. So I am thinking maybe not data related. Since more people just encountered it, maybe a Windows update of sorts. I reinstalled the backup to a new server instance, didn't help. Tried resetting the C/SIDE ZUP file, just in case. Didn't help. I was thinking of creating a bacpac file and see if I could get around it, but now I am not so sure it is data.
  • Options
    Is your database also on Azure SQL ?
  • Options
    Yes, the databases are all in Azure SQL. But only one has a problem, i think this is probably related with the schema sync on this database... i just don't know how to fix it. :(
    I've tried to clear some tables, rebuild indexes... so far no luck.

• Options
    Since you and I both encounter this, on Azure SQL now within the same week cannot be data related. Like you I have multiple databases, only one with the problem for now. I even restored old versions and all ended up with the same issue. I tried un-install some windows updates, but that didn't help. Maybe some Azure update.
  • Options
    Have you tried running Sync-NAVTenant from Powershell instead of "Sync. Schema ..." from development environment?
  • Options
    @vaprog I've already tried it... but the process does not go though or retrieve any error message.

I was able to get a different error if i try to do the same process opening the development environment from a different server.

miwx5qqnyqaq.png
  • Options
    Just a second data point. I can run the Synch from Powershell and I get the same "Definition is changed" error when running from a different client.