Options

Dropdown field width

SteveKnottSteveKnott Member Posts: 47
Is there any way to customize or handle wide fields in the drop down list ?

Have a client that made their no series very wide... so the fill number isn't visible on the drop down window.

Would love to make the 1st column wider.. but not sure its possible ?

fatabz0ib4fb.png

Best Answer

• Options
    AluanAluan Member Posts: 162
    Answer ✓
    What Version are you using exactly?
    If i open the page via the "Select from full list" and change the width here, it also does have effect for the Dropdown.

Answers

• Options
    Hello,
    the Width Property should work here.
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/properties/devenv-width-property

The User can also change it manually. You just have to open that list and you can adjust the column width with your mouse. That will also have an effect on the Dropdown.
  • Options
    @Aluan thanks... I had no idea table fields had a "Width" property. It doesn't seem to apply to the dropdown page though.. the dropdown only shows the fields in the field group "DropDown"... i have 3 fields, and the all show equal width on the dropdown. Will keep trying various things.

It doesn't seem the user can change the "dropdown" control... only once they open "Select from full list".

• Options
    Answer ✓
    What Version are you using exactly?
    If i open the page via the "Select from full list" and change the width here, it also does have effect for the Dropdown.
  • Options
    @Aluan am on 23.5.16502.16589 - but it somehow is now working... perhaps I was checking in wrong environment since setting Width. Maybe I checked badly this morning.

Thanks for the help... much appreciated.