Options

Set a Delay on sending emails (Outlook) possible?

TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
Hi,

In BC 23.4.15643.15715 (cloud). This is probably more a question for Outlook, but any creative solution would be welcome.

We are using the customer statement report to send emails in bulk.

We were wondering if there would be an option to set up a delay in the emails so that we can review the emails sent in BC (from the "Sent Emails" page), before they are actually sent, to make sure that the information sent to each customer is correct.

Something like setting up a 2 hour the delay in outlook itself; if an incorrect email was detected, we could go to outlook to the outbox and delete that email...

I've investigated in Outlook I could see options to create a rule to defer emails, but only from the Outlook client. In the web version there is no such option.

Thanks
Tomas

Answers

• Options
    KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 391
    A customer statement couldn't be incorrect as far as I know, another topic if it isn't accurated enough. If it's a shared account, someone could mistake the wrong one to delete. I would give it a review to the business process
  • Options
    TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
    Hi KTA8,

Many thanks for coming back.

We have assumed that there is no such possibility in Outlook of a delayed sending, at least not an easy one (the Defer option only exists in the Outlook client).

We had a situation where PDFs were downloaded with the incorrect customer name for some cases (customers that didn't have a balance?). Then the user would send the PDFs manually just looking at the file name and some would end up on the wrong destination.

I'm not sure how that situation happened: it probably had to do with some custom code and the users not following fully the procedure that was designed to send the statements.

We have simplified the process already removing the custom code so I don't think the situation can happen again. Just the users are unsure and wanted this ability to inspect the email traffic as extra reassurance on the new process. But again, looks like it won't be possible.

Thanks.
    Tomas