Options

SSRS reporting in F&O discontinued?

MartijnMartijn Member Posts: 4
I’m new to F&O, used to work with Nav/ Business Central for years. Now I started off in a F&O project where all reports are developed via SSRS. The reports mostly relate to functionality of an ISV for Logistics Service Providers, but also to standard F&O.
The project is currently on hold, as there is a discussion whether SSRS would be the correct toolset to use, as Electronic Reporting & Configurable Business Documents (CBD) are promoted by MS.
My questions:

Will SSRS reporting in F&O be discontinued? When? Is there a clear roadmap?
Can ER and CBD handle complex logic? Conditional showing information, repeating blocks in several levels etc?
Can someone help me with this?

Answers

• Options
    abhaydalal8722abhaydalal8722 Member Posts: 27
    I think both reporting options will remain available for now. ER and CBD is low code option and hence is being promoted to reduce need for code change.
    If you have some MS reference that SSRS is being discontinued please do share here
  • Options
    MartijnMartijn Member Posts: 4
    Hi, thx for your feedback!
    I don't have a reference that SSRS is discontinued... This is what I have been told, and maybe on the longer term this might be the case, but I didn't find an official statement on this. That's why I created this post :-) I'm trying to understand the MS Roadmap also which would be the correct way to go for the reporting in the project that I'm currently working on.
    The low code option indeed looks better at first sight, but maybe there are limitations that would still force us to go back to SSRS. Eg. does ER/CBD also offer the distribution options that SSRS is offering, can it handle complexer repeating blocks, conditional displaying or formatting etc?
    And ... maybe SSRS reports be easily converted to ER at some point?
    Are you aware of this?