Entries applied to an Outbound Transfer cannot be unapplied

sadanasadana Member Posts: 11
edited 2010-12-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I got the error msg "Entries applied to an Outbound Transfer cannot be unapplied" when trying to post Purchase Return Order.
What should I do to avoid this error?

Thanks,

Answers

• sadanasadana Member Posts: 11
    My user created an Purchase Order, Post receipt and invoice, then another user stock out which may applies with that PO.
    Now the guy who created PO want to return that PO but can not and get msg as title.

I searched on forum and found one thread mention about that error msg but not my case.

Can someone explain me why NAV show that msg?

Thanks so much,
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    You cannot return something to the vendor that has been allready sold...get it?
    rhpnt wrote:
    You cannot return something to the vendor that has been allready sold...get it?

Thanks rhpnt,
    I am quite new with NAV 2009, so please be patient with me.

When I practice with NAV2009, I remember I can return to vendor with posted invoices selected from "Get Posted Document Lines to Reverse" screen and I just make sure my location is enough goods to return to vendor, but this time I can not. Practice with step by step like this:
    1. Buy from vendor A by PO
    2. Stock out to other location by Transfer Order
    3. (Then I figured out PO above is wrong vendor code) then I buy from vendor B by PO
    4. Return to vendor A by Purchase Return Order.
    Everything doing fine

But when my user working, get that message and here is Step by step:
    1. User created PO, post with receive and invoice
    .... other user may do something with received goods
    2. User realize he inputed wrong vendor code now he create Purchase return order, get Posted document lines to reverse, he can see his invoice with: Quantity: 10; Remaining Quantity 0; Applied Quantity 10.
    Then he select that PO and program invoke the message:

"For one or more return document lines, you chose to return the original quantity, which is already fully applied. Therefore, when you post the return document, the program will reapply relevant entries. Beware that this may change the cost of existing entries. To avoid this, you must delete the affected return document lines before posting"

Click ok and Purchase Return Order can get PO with lines in PRO lines. But when Posting he get above msg and program do not allow to post.

Can someone explain me why I get that msg?
    Thanks
    sadana wrote:
    I am quite new with NAV 2009, so please be patient with me.
    Don't take my post as me being rude...(I'm sorry if you did).
    sadana wrote:
    .... other user may do something with received goods
    That's the key issue - "something" is not enough - be more specific...
    sadana wrote:
    ...you chose to return the original quantity, which is already fully applied...
    Means the item ledger entry is allready applied (my guess - sold) and cannot be reapplied for returning to vendor. Check the inventory of that item - I bet it's 0.
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    It's because of the transfer. The reapplication of item ledger entries, which was introduced in 5.0 could unapply/apply/reapply all kind of item ledger entries but transfers.
    And still, transfers cannot be unnaplied.
    Sorry rhpnt if I am let you feel bad :(

From your reply and crisnicolas's post I understood how it work.

Thanks you all so much.

Happy holidays :D
    You're welcome.
  • jass12njass12n Member Posts: 1
    @sadana
    How did you fix the issue?

I am having same problem when trying to post Purchase Credit note.