report bilder

didodraganovdidodraganov Member Posts: 4
Hello, I have MS Dynamics NAV version W1 10.0, I would like you to point me to an application with which I can edit the layout of the reports. Thanks.wkmobh8nsie5.png

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The "Microsoft Report Builder" is used for editing layouts. It may have been installed with NAV. Search for it on your computer. If not found, it can be installed from the NAV DVD. Or you can find and install it from the Microsoft site. I can also be installed from SQL installation media.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • didodraganovdidodraganov Member Posts: 4
    When I run from report design def environment and from there layout it gives me the following message:An error when opening the report designer. A suppored version of Visual Stidio could not be found.
    In your Development Client, go to Tools - Options and set "Use Report Builder" to YES. Be sure to save the change.
    bbrown Yes, but now another error appeared:it is not possible to edit layout with hte report designer.Detailed description:Illegal characters in path.
  • KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    bbrown wrote: »
    In your Development Client, go to Tools - Options and set "Use Report Builder" to YES. Be sure to save the change.

In 2009 version I couldn't find it there but I know it's somewhere around. Do you remember where?
    KTA8 wrote: »
    bbrown wrote: »

In 2009 version I couldn't find it there but I know it's somewhere around. Do you remember where?

If I recall correctly, NAV 2009 did not support Report Builder. You had to use Visual Studio.
    bbrown Yes, but now another error appeared:it is not possible to edit layout with hte report designer.Detailed description:Illegal characters in path.

Sorry, I don't recall seeing this error before. What are you doing when you get it?
    I'm not doing anything, I'm waiting for someone to answer me what to do :)