Options

Permission to modify entry

Hi experts,

I use NAV 2016.

I need to change a few fields on a single Item Ledger Entry record.

I have made a new codeunit that would do the trick, if only I had the permissions to modify Item Ledger Entry.

I am SUPER.

When I try to add the Modify permission to the properties of the codeunit, it says that I do not have permissions to modify that record.

What am I doing wrong?

(I have also tried to put my code in OnOpen on the Item Card page. There I can add the permissions, but when I open the page, I get the same error.)

Hope you can help...

Best Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Answer ✓
    Some tables have special protection, notably entry tables. You need a special license to modify them directly. I believe it is called Solution Developer. Partners have it, Customers can't get it.

You need to have a license covering the permissions you set on the Permissions property.
  • Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Answer ✓
    Vaprog is right your developer licens will need to be of a kind that allow you to modify entry table.
    If you licens allow that then you will need to compile and save your codeunit with the correct premission link this:
    ruxilqhmwvos.png
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.

Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Answer ✓
    Some tables have special protection, notably entry tables. You need a special license to modify them directly. I believe it is called Solution Developer. Partners have it, Customers can't get it.

You need to have a license covering the permissions you set on the Permissions property.
  • Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Answer ✓
    Vaprog is right your developer licens will need to be of a kind that allow you to modify entry table.
    If you licens allow that then you will need to compile and save your codeunit with the correct premission link this:
    ruxilqhmwvos.png
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    MortenSteengaardMortenSteengaard Member Posts: 131
    Hi Vaprog and SanderDk,

Thank you very much. I didn't know that some tables have a special protection.

After using the right licens, it works fine.

Thank you, once again!