is there anyway that i can mark checkboxes in word from navision 2015?

CODEFISHCODEFISH Member Posts: 2
i created word template where i have some quick parts, i wrote code to fill quickparts and it works but i also have some checkboxes that i want to check based on option field value that user chooses, i couldnot find any solution for this.
oqd8j1yx81pc.png

Best Answer

• ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    Not in Word templates. In RDLC you could create a textbox with Wingdings font and based on Boolean value set the text to either character 253 (box with cross in it, aka "No") or 254 (box with tickmark in it, aka "Yes").
    Word templates do not support such conditional boxes, which is why it won't work that way.
    That being said, if you were to form your own table, have the left-most column in some kind of symbol font, like Wingdings, and pass a single character, representing the code of the character you want into it, then it might be possible. Though it will take some playing around with both the template and the dataset

Answers

• ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    Not in Word templates. In RDLC you could create a textbox with Wingdings font and based on Boolean value set the text to either character 253 (box with cross in it, aka "No") or 254 (box with tickmark in it, aka "Yes").
    Word templates do not support such conditional boxes, which is why it won't work that way.
    That being said, if you were to form your own table, have the left-most column in some kind of symbol font, like Wingdings, and pass a single character, representing the code of the character you want into it, then it might be possible. Though it will take some playing around with both the template and the dataset
  • CODEFISHCODEFISH Member Posts: 2
    edited 2022-06-30
    Thank you @ShaiHulud , but i found new way to do it but i need to generete square or check symbol in navision as a text and i will type it from code instead. it would be helpfull if by any chance you know how to create symbols.