cant bookmark page

navisionerinnavisionerin Member Posts: 161
hi, is there a property or something so a page can be bookmarked? i cant bookmark a certain page?

Answers

• AluanAluan Member Posts: 158
    Hello navisionerin,
    what version are you using?

For Business Central see here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/dynamics365/business-central/ui-bookmarks

• navisionerinnavisionerin Member Posts: 161
    BC19 but cant bookmarfk it, is there a property to be set when developing the page
    edited 2022-04-01
    Okay, have you disabled the personalization?
    I don't have a bookmark icon. Is something wrong?
    The ability to bookmark a page or report is one of many user personalization features in Business Central. If the bookmark icon isn't displayed, it's likely that your administrator has disabled personalization.

Alternative would be with AL Code. It's described here:
    https://robertostefanettinavblog.com/2020/11/26/add-bookmarks-via-al-code/
    no, its just two users who cant do it, not tied to permissions. setting it via code is not an option, too.
  • ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Try checking the Profile Card of the profile assigned to the users to make sure that "Disable personalization" is off, as shown by YUN ZHU in his blog:
    9j7zsnor6o3y.png
    I dont think this is the case, they can bookmark other pages just not a particular one
    Can nobody bookmark that page, or just a few users?
    no, noone can bookmark it. even superuser
    edited 2022-04-04
    I think that is some limitation, as described in the Documentation in the first link i posted.
    Can the following be the reason?
    Why can't I bookmark certain pages or reports?
    Not all pages and reports can be bookmarked. When a page or report is run within some special context governed by the business application, the bookmark icon isn't displayed. For example, pages that cannot be found in the Tell Me window but are launched from elsewhere will not display a bookmark icon. Similarly, report request pages that are only used to collect filters without running the report will not display a bookmark icon.
    I dont believe so? It does work in one jurisdiction but not in another (on one installation but not another)
    I am not sure then. Is that a modification, or is that page in the default Business Central Application?
  • dahlia94040dahlia94040 Member Posts: 33
    Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm running into the same issue and wondering if it's BC19 that's problematic.