Captionclass - BC140

zegoncalveszegoncalves Member Posts: 7
edited 2022-03-26 in NAV Three Tier
I want to change dynamically the label caption from a page. I found some information about this matter and verify that there are a codeunit 42 that makes the changes. But I can't edit to make the changes I want.

Does anybody have information about that to share with me?

Best Answer

• ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    You can use the CaptionClass property on a field/label and assign a Text variable to it. Then, set the value of your Text variable to the value you want to use as Caption. No need to make changes to Codeunit 42. Codeunit 42 handles special CaptionClasses, such as '1,1,2', where (if I remember correctly), first number indicates type, the second subtype, and the third can be an identifier. In standard it is actively used to display "Global/Shortcut Dimension 1/2 Code" as the actual Dimension Name. Check out "Sales Order Subform" page, for example (or Sales Line table) for the Shortcut Dimension fields for examples.

Answers

• ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    You can use the CaptionClass property on a field/label and assign a Text variable to it. Then, set the value of your Text variable to the value you want to use as Caption. No need to make changes to Codeunit 42. Codeunit 42 handles special CaptionClasses, such as '1,1,2', where (if I remember correctly), first number indicates type, the second subtype, and the third can be an identifier. In standard it is actively used to display "Global/Shortcut Dimension 1/2 Code" as the actual Dimension Name. Check out "Sales Order Subform" page, for example (or Sales Line table) for the Shortcut Dimension fields for examples.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!