Options

Can't add components in a BOM for a finished good item. Can someone please help? thanks!

MinervaM84MinervaM84 Member Posts: 32
edited 2022-03-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hello!
We are in the process of setting up a new company in Nav 2013. All the setup is done, we are ready to test things and we ran into this issue. I created a BOM for a finished good item but can't complete it, this means I can't enter any components because of this error message: "The Unit of Measure does not exist. Identification fields and values Code='' (see image below). The item card for the component item seems completed correctly. I have units of measures in both tables, Base Unit of Measure (5404) and Base Unit of Measure(204). So not sure what the problem is. Any help will be appreciated.

a901jdszjkr7.png

Answers

• Options
    lrosenberglrosenberg Member Posts: 3
    It looks like you do not have a Unit of Measure Code specified on the production component line. Check the unit of measure fields on the Item Card for item PKG0049.
  • Options
    lrosenberg wrote: »
    It looks like you do not have a Unit of Measure Code specified on the production component line. Check the unit of measure fields on the Item Card for item PKG0049.

The unit of measure fields were completed in the item card. see below. I still don't know what is the problem or why its not recognizing it.
    t19tn420pa9l.png
  • Options
    jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    Hi Minerva,
    1. Does the UOM (Unit of measure) error only happen to this item component PKG0049? or it also happens if you choose other component?
    2. Please Delete the item PKG0049 and create this item again manually, and try again.

In my experience, if the item PKG0049 is created via data migration scripts it may not be created correctly. And the the child table "Item unit of measure" is not updated correctly. By creating the item PKG0049 manually, you eliminate this possibility.

Jordi
  • Options
    Hello Jordi!
    1. The UOM error also happens when I choose other component(see image below).
    2. I have deleted PKG0049 and manually added it back as you suggested and still get the same error.

Here is another note, the error message also comes up when I Calculate Component Weight.
    It seems to me like for some reason the UOM field in the lines in the BOM card is not connecting to the Items unit of measure table. But I'm no expert.

4b7meopldwbf.png
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!