Options

Upgrade NAV2015 to BC14 - Licensing issue

PurpleHazePurpleHaze Member Posts: 42
Hi all,

We are currently running a heavily customized solution on NAV2015, and thought it might be a smart move to first jump to BC14 before making another upgrade some time later.

Now, license-wise, is it already too late for this move? We will not be able to get a license for BC14 anymore? Are there any exceptions to this? Do we really have to go directly to one of the last to released versions? This would be a killer for us.

Thank you so much in advance, any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Answers

• Options
    txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    I think you will need to go for your MS partner and ask if they can provide a licence. I run BC13 but as far as I know you can do on premises even for the latest version.

So perhaps, you could go on prem, just convert the database and run as NAV15.?

• Options
    PurpleHazePurpleHaze Member Posts: 42
    Yes, we are talking here about BC14 On-prem.

But the info our partner received from Microsoft is that upgrade to BC14 was only possible until October, 2020 and we would now have to jump to one of the latest versions directly, which would be possibly a killer for us. Is there any way around this, or "it is - what it is"?

You also mentioned here only "technical upgrade", which is an interesting idea, but we would run into licensing issue here again, right?