Create Pick from Sales Order - i get "There is nothing to create".

In a new test install ..

1) I create a Sales Order, enter a Line Item and qty 2 for an Item which we have qty 2 in inventory (in a bin location).
2) I release the order.
3) Form the Sales Order window, i click on the ACTIONS tab -> Create Inventory Put-away/Pick
4) I put a check mark only on "Create Invt. Pick" and "Show Error". (The "Source Document" is "Sales Order" and the "Source No." is [my sales order number] )

5) I click OK

I get "There is nothing to create".

What is the cause of this ?

Answers

• golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    It could be sevaral reasons. Firstly, how is the location setup on the Warehouse tab?
  • vmantavmanta Member Posts: 16
    The warehouse fast tab in the Location Card, shows this:

3pzt0kpdxxyr.jpg
    I should mention this install is no longer "new". Several people have posted documents - I believe this is why some options are checked but disabled.
    Next would be to open Bin Content and look a Available to pick for this item. If you have zero there but have items on inventory. My guess would be incorrect receipt. Some warehouse receipt has not been followed by the put-away action, instead somebody moved from the receipt bin to a pick bin manually. In that case, go to the Posted Warehouse Receipt and create a Put-aways and handel it correctly (first you would have to move back the quantity to the Receipt Bin)
    We actually have 7 in stock...
    "Bin Contents" for that item , show "Available Qty. to Take" is 7 in 2 bins

difighskop8i.png

Here's a snapshot of the Sales Order card

1pmkfa2shtmh.png
    anyone>?
    Sorry for late reply but could be valuable for others reading this. You have "Require Shipment", not only Pick. So in your setup you do not use the simpler "Inventory Pick". You should instead select "Create Warehouse Shipment" from the shipment you can create pick or go through "Pick Worksheet"