Options

Install apps from MarketPlace on on-premises environments

PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
The option is there, so I feel it should be possible...

If I start an on-premises web client, I can go to the Extension marketplace and select an app. I fill out my data, Then, when I want to start installing it, the system gives me the following message:

"Installation of extensions from the marketplace is not supported for your system configuration. For more information, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/ui-extensions"

So, what is wrong with my system configuration? It's totally default installation (so, windows logon, cronus database, I installed our own license), and I seem unable to find what the prerequisites are to get this going.

Best Answer

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Answer ✓
    You cannot install a extension from marketplace for a On-Prem installation.
    Currently App store is only for SaaS installation.
    You can contact the APP publisher and ask for a App file to install on your OnPrem BC.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Answer ✓
    You cannot install a extension from marketplace for a On-Prem installation.
    Currently App store is only for SaaS installation.
    You can contact the APP publisher and ask for a App file to install on your OnPrem BC.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.