Working on a new migration of NAV 2009 R2. So, now we're using a new environment such as Windows Server 2016 and SQL 2017 and NAV 2009 R2. For now NAV client, NAV server and SQL server are all in the same machine(Windows Server 2016) for my troubleshooting.
I've installed NAV 2009 R2 but when I go to NAV database open and when I try to open the database it says Server not found inside windows server 2016 but I'm able to get the same in my local machine.
Another issue is I'm not able to connect to SQL database when I try to install sql components(but manually handled this by creating extended stored procedure of xp_ndo files of 32 bit and 64 bit separately so this should be a concern I believe.
Just my work arounds here:
1. I installed SQL 2017 in my local machine and checked NAV 2009 R2 it works fine so issue is not here with SQL compatibility I believe.
2. I have highest privilege permission as administrator in windows server 2016, I ran the setup as administrator and UAC is turned off.
3. port id, sql and nav exe files, services have been added in windows firewall.
4. firewall is anyway turned off for now.
6. ping, telnet of the server is working fine
7. I'm able to connect to SQL server through SSMS studio.
8. Tried both windows and SQL authentication.
9. Also verified by giving ip address instead of name in server when I was trying to open database from NAV classic.
10. config file of NAV has been verified with Server name, database name, port ids.
11. All services are running fine without issues
12. tcp/ip port is enabled.
13. Verified tcp port 1433, it is listening for SQL server.
So, in one word I would say, I have referred all previous blogs related to this issue before creating this question. So, trying to find out my luck here atleast if any geeks can solve my issue.
Harikiran BM | ERP Specialist