Options

How to select multiple records to filter a report

johnnypjohnnyp Member Posts: 14
edited 2020-05-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone.

I'm creating a simple report (Dynamics NAV 2017), that reads data from two similar tables, joins all into one temporary and prints it into excel. All nice and simple. I've set the RequestedFilterField for both tables to "Document No.". Now as filters go, I can select single record, put a pipe (|) and select the next record ... works fine, but is extremely time consuming. My idea is, that when you drill down (or lookup, idk) into "Document No.", you could select multiple records (either with Shift or Ctrl) and when pressing OK it would fill my "Document No." filter with selected document numbers. I'm not sure if this can be achieved by standard funcionalities.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards, John

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    Not standard.
  • Options
    Any suggestion how to achieve my goal if, as you say, this cannot be done by standard functionalities?
  • Options
    TallyHo, thank you for your suggestion. I implemented it, and it works, to a degree. Lookup works great, I can select my records, however the function that should return a set of records, only returns 1 record. Any ideas why?
  • Options
    TallyHo, you're a lifesaver!! It worked like a charm. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    You're welcome!