Use of Incoming Documents and Data Exchange Definitions to create Purchase Invoice from a CSV file

MBClarkeMBClarke Member Posts: 71
Hi, I have a client that is using the OCR Service without issue to create new Purchase Invoices from PDF files received. They would now like to use the Incoming document function to create Purchase Invoices from a CSV file received from the vendor in the format they supply.

Basically what they want is almost similar to the Configuration Package, but to send a CSV file to the Vendor with the columns required, then when they receive that back from the Vendors, use the incoming document function to create the invoice. The CSV file used could contain multiple lines from multiple vendors, and they would then like to have it create a new invoice for each vendor.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Malcolm

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Depending on you version you might need to code a bit but yes this is possible.
    If the both have a pdf and the CSV (Or XML) file you can attach both to the incoming document
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • MBClarkeMBClarke Member Posts: 71
    Thanks SanderDk. We are using Dynamics NAV 2017. DO you have any form of examples on how to do this, or in what direction I should go? A video or step by step guide?

I have searched the internet and cannot find anything out there to assist me in how to do this.

Thanks
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Hi @MBClarke,
    No sorry I have not a clear example of how to do it.
    But you can have a look at how Microsoft have implemented Currency exchange.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.