Options

Find Dynamics NAV/BC actual build number.

HaxiboyHaxiboy Member Posts: 13
Hello!

I'm working on webservice code in BC14 (C/AL).
Is there a way to find actual Version/Build Number from code that's universal to all NAV versions with SQL, and maybe works in AL.
The way i've found that's the PRODUCTNAME function, but on BC this does not provide information about the version, all of them are called Business Central 365.
The other way is reading virtual table 'License Information', and getting the 16th record, and trimming the other text from the string, but this still not gives the actual build number.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
Peter

Best Answer

• Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    In NAV the thing you wanted could be constructed from functions in Codeunit 1. Later, in BC, those functions were moved to Codeunit 9015:
    axer18raghjy.png

Answers

• Options
    HenryYongHenryYong Member Posts: 3
    For BC, you can get the version as per screenshot below.
    lva6x2brqmaa.png
  • Options
    edited 2020-02-12
    HenryYong wrote: »
    For BC, you can get the version as per screenshot below.
    lva6x2brqmaa.png

Thank you for your answer, this is what i'd need, but from C/AL and AL side as i'd use it in my web service call.
    The About page seems to be a native page, no page information avaliable, and i've not found any records in the database containing the version/build number.

The code is used in several builds and platforms from NAV2008 to BC15 (we build it with custom build scripts that generate the platform and language specific parts from our base code). The web service expects Navision to send the current version/build for example 'BC15_CU1', this variable should not be burned into code for every version.

Regards,
    Peter
  • Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    In NAV the thing you wanted could be constructed from functions in Codeunit 1. Later, in BC, those functions were moved to Codeunit 9015:
    axer18raghjy.png
  • Options
    ShaiHulud wrote: »
    axer18raghjy.png

Thank you very much! This has been solved my problem.