Options

How do I renumber "Dimension Value ID" field in Dimension Value table ( NAV 2017)

ssmukhissmukhi Member Posts: 10
Hello, I entered some values in the Dimension Value Table. This created Dimension Value IDs since it is an autoincrement field. After discussing with our Accounting Manager, we decided to revise the Dimension Values since no data had been entered yet anyway. I deleted the dimension values and entered new ones. However, the Dimension Value ID autoincremented from the last Dimension Value entered even though that no longer exists. Example, I entered 10 Dimension Values, so now the Dimension Value ID is 10. I deleted the 10, so when I enter Dimension Values, the Dimension Value ID is 11. How do I get it to reset to 1 or to renumber them consecutively? Remember this is a fresh database so no transactions have been entered yet.

Best Answer

• Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Answer ✓
    Dont care about the id. Its for internal use.
    It dosent matter!

You can reset it from sql or remove autoincrement property, compile and set it again on the table.
    But never do this to a table with data in it.

Or make a copy of the company.

But again it doesn’t matter!!
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog

Answers

• Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Answer ✓
    Dont care about the id. Its for internal use.
    It dosent matter!

You can reset it from sql or remove autoincrement property, compile and set it again on the table.
    But never do this to a table with data in it.

Or make a copy of the company.

But again it doesn’t matter!!
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • Options
    ssmukhissmukhi Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for your reply.