How do i reverse a incorrect vendor payment

I incorrectly posted a payment to a vendor from the payment journal. I unapplied the payment from the purchase invoice. I cannot reverse the payment using the "reverse transaction button" as "the entry has an associated unrealised vat entry".
If I post a refund from the payment journal all balances on chart of accounts return correctly, however vendor payment (LCY) is incorrect (still shows phantom payment) and phantom payment and refund appear on bank reconciliation....
What am I doing incorrectly?

Answers

• CharlieJonesCharlieJones Member Posts: 6
    Hi vremeni4 thanks for that, but not sure if its the right solution. I've figured out that if you leave the document type blank you can post a corrective entry, however the balance in "Payments (LCY) is still incorrect, the corrective entry doesn't cancel it out. and the incorrect payment is still present on the bank reconciliation.....?
  • CharlieJonesCharlieJones Member Posts: 6
    *Using NAV 2018 CU22
  • vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    we implemented this fix a few years ago, it was checked by few consultants,
    Until now no one has found anything wrong with it.

I would suggest take a backup of the company/database, implement the fix above in that databsae, and look at the result. If all good move it to Live if not let me know what is wrong after reversal.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!