Options

NAV Server in Cloud

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear Sir,

Our NAV Server is located in the Cloud Server and thru local PC (Web Client) we can access the Nav 2016 database without any issue.But we can connect the same thru Windows Client (RTC)..

What could be possible reasons for this kind of issues ?
Kindly inform.

Thanks,
navuser1
Now or Never

Answers

• Options
    Credential Type is Windows and local PC and Cloud server are not in the same domain.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 391
    type in windows credentials the domain\user and password of the cloud server domain
  • Options
    KTA8 wrote: »
    type in windows credentials the domain\user and password of the cloud server domain

Can not understand what you want to say. Please explain in detail.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    edited 2019-10-30
    I have changed the "ClientServicesCredentialType" Value to "UserName" in local ClientUserSettings file. After that I try to login using domain user & password of the Cloud System. But it's not working.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    sebsidsebsid Member Posts: 27
    To use Username you also need to change it on the NAV service tier and a SSL certificate and add a Thumbprint to the NAV Service. If i remember it correctly.
  • Options
    edited 2019-11-03
    sebsid wrote: »
    To use Username you also need to change it on the NAV service tier and a SSL certificate and add a Thumbprint to the NAV Service. If i remember it correctly.

The NAV SERVER is running via Windows Credential in the Cloud Server and I have changed the ClientServicesCredentialType Value from Windows to UserName in the local ClientUserSettings file (C:\Users\Cloud\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90) and now I can connect the database with User & Password using rtc without any issue (Without any Certificate & Thumbprint)
    Now or Never