Invoice purchase of Serial No. after Sales Shipment

MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
edited 2019-10-25 in NAV Three Tier
(Nav2013 DE version).

Hi all. So an item in my system was purchased with a quantity of 60, and 60 serial numbers.

We received an invoice for 10. We posted that and applied it to 10 of the serial numbers.

We received an invoice for 50. We are now posting a purchase invoice for the rest. Doing this with the "get Receipt Lines" functionality.

However some of this 50 units have already been shipped in sales.

When posting the Purchase Invoice I get the error "Item Ledger Entry No. must have a value in Reservation Entry: Entry No.=1290419, Positive=Yes. It cannot be zero or empty."

The purchase order is still there with "Qty. Received not invoiced" set to 50. The item ledger entry for the serial number related to Reservation entry 1290419 is OPEN=FALSE and "Remaining Quantity" = 0 and "Invoiced quantity" = 0.

The field "Item Ledger Entry No." is not editable so if I try to enter the Item Ledger Entry Number of the Purchase of that Serial Number into the reservation entry myself in the field "Appl.-to Item Entry", I get the error "The remaining Quantity in Item Ledger Entry 856433 is too low to cover Quantity (Base)".

I can not remember ever having a problem posting a purchase invoice against an already sold item before in Nav however.

Answers

• tomarsuniltomarsunil Member Posts: 25
    I think in this reservation entry is missing (Entry No.=1290419, Positive=Yes.).
    if you want to resolve this error just create one more line on reservation entries same as entry no 1290419 but with positive= yes.
    hope this will resolve your error