ToolBox Indicator available in Business Central Version ?

Hello,

In 2009 version, it was possible to display a field as an "Indicator" thanks to the ToolBox button in the form designer.

Is this option available in Business Central ?

For Example, in the "User task list" (Page 1170), I would like to display a graphic view ok the field "% complete".

Thank's in advance for your help.

Answers

• da_nealda_neal Member Posts: 76
    edited 2019-10-16
    You need to use addin control for it, i suppose.
    OBJECT Page 50161 Status Strip Example
    {
    OBJECT-PROPERTIES
    {
    Date=16.10.19;
    Time=16:03:41;
    Modified=Yes;
    Version List=DBA;
    }
    PROPERTIES
    {
    }
    CONTROLS
    {
    { 21094444;;Container ;
    ContainerType=ContentArea }

{ 21094445;1;Field ;
    Name=PageReady;
    SourceExpr='';
    Visible=VisibleFalse;
    ControlAddIn=[Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.PageReady;PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35];
    ShowCaption=No }

}
    CODE
    {
    VAR
    VisibleFalse@21094444 : Boolean;
    FormCollection@21094446 : DotNet "'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.System.Windows.Forms.FormCollection" RUNONCLIENT;
    Application@21094445 : DotNet "'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.System.Windows.Forms.Application" RUNONCLIENT;
    CurrForm@21094447 : DotNet "'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.System.Windows.Forms.Form" RUNONCLIENT;
    StatusStripProgress@21094449 : DotNet "'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripProgressBar" RUNONCLIENT;
    StatusStrip@21094448 : DotNet "'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.System.Windows.Forms.StatusStrip" RUNONCLIENT;
    ProgressBar@21094450 : DotNet "'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar" RUNONCLIENT;

EVENT PageReady@-21094445::AddInReady@0();
    BEGIN
    FormCollection := Application.OpenForms;
    CurrForm := FormCollection.Item(FormCollection.Count-1);

StatusStrip := StatusStrip.StatusStrip;
    StatusStrip.Parent := CurrForm;

StatusStripProgress := StatusStripProgress.ToolStripProgressBar;

StatusStripProgress.Minimum := 1;
    StatusStripProgress.Maximum := 100;
    StatusStripProgress.Value := 68;

StatusStrip.Items.Add(StatusStripProgress);

ProgressBar := ProgressBar.ProgressBar;
    ProgressBar.Parent := CurrForm.Controls.Item(0).Controls.Item(0).Controls.Item(2);
    ProgressBar.Minimum := 1;
    ProgressBar.Maximum := 100;
    ProgressBar.Value := 62;
    END;

BEGIN
    END.
    }
    }
  • yannicklevaconyannicklevacon Member Posts: 8
    Hello da_neal,

Thanks for your answer.

But I'm afraid you're using something out of my skills...

I tried to insert your field in a list, but it seems that in that case, the PageReady::AddInReady function is not executed, so the indicator does not appeare on the page.

I tryed to call the PageReady::AddInReady function from the OnAfterGetRecord trigger of the page, but didn't succed.

Do you know how to do that and to allow the indicator to be calculated for each line in a list ?

Thank's again for you help.

edited 2019-10-17
    This example just demo how to add control on page :-). It is not show how to add progress bar to table grid, for it i think you must develop your own addin control and use it on page.

Alternative way : http://www.olofsimren.com/custom-progress-bar-in-dynamics-nav-2013-r2/
  • yannicklevaconyannicklevacon Member Posts: 8
    Hello, da_neal.

Thank's for your help.

I'm not really used to work with addin control... It seems to be a huge new world..

But I succed to use olofsimren solution.

It's probably a little to much for my needs, because if I well understand, the solution consists to build a picture and store it into a field for each record of the table...

But it works fine ! But it's true also that olofsimren case was a little more complexe.

So thank's again for your reply.