Business Central Desktop APP on localhost

RogerRoger Member Posts: 57
Hi,

I'v installed Dynamics 365 Business Central on prem (Version 14) on my local computer (no server, no cloud).
Now, i want to connect my database to the Windows Desktop APP, but i the connection failed. I'v use the same URL as worked well in my browser.

Is it not possible to use the Desktop APP for a local installation?
Many thanks, Roger

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Yes it is very possible :wink: Pretty much every developer I know have multiple version installed locally to for testing purpose.

You need to add screenshot of the error you are getting + you service setup.

But the easiest way (I my point of view) is connection c/side to you database and run a page. This will startup the client with the correct setting (if you have configured your service correctly)
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • RogerRoger Member Posts: 57
    Thanks for the answer, but you misunderstood me, I think. I am not talking about the Windows client RTC, but about the Windows desktop app for business central which is downloadable from the app store
    Many thanks, Roger
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    I see :smile:
    It is possible it just take a lot of setup.
    Normally I would not bother to do so on a local install because you need a Certificat, a publicly accessible path (DNS or public IP) and so on.
    But it does not matter if it is a local installation of a server. The setup needs to be the same
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • TMorganTMorgan Member Posts: 3
    @SanderDk Hi SanderDk,
    Could you perhaps bother elaborating on the necessary setup or point towards any useful resources or documentation in this regard?
    Cheers!