Options

You do not have permission to modify the codeunit

I have using Nav 2009, I am able to modify the object on the Production server but in the development server using the same license when I try to save any changes in the code unit I modify, it shows the message as "you do not have permission to modify the code unit."
l8uzuefm99ly.png

I am not creating new code unit, neither modifying the standard code unit. It is the one that I have created previously now not able to modify.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for the help in advance!!

Best Answer

• Options
    rajeetrajeet Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    I have got the solution for this, posting for the users who have similar scenario and issue.
    In my case it was user permission:

Go to Tools> Security> windows Logins and select your user name
    > then click on Roles.
    > There I had the company name mentioned, though the role id was "super" but I removed the company name kept the field blank and it worked.

Thanks SanderDk for your comment!

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Hi @rajeet,
    If it is the same licens it should not be a problem.
    The easiest way of checking you licens is to create a List page on set source table to "License Permission", then you can run the page on both Production server and on development server and see if there are any difference on the objects in your license
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    It is same in both the servers on the page as well!
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I have got the solution for this, posting for the users who have similar scenario and issue.
    In my case it was user permission:

Go to Tools> Security> windows Logins and select your user name
    > then click on Roles.
    > There I had the company name mentioned, though the role id was "super" but I removed the company name kept the field blank and it worked.

Thanks SanderDk for your comment!