Server version and data version different: is it still possible to download reference symbols?

AurSoftAurSoft Member Posts: 3
Hello everyone,
in the last few days I'm facing a not-so-nice issue I'd like to solve as fast as possible.
I have installed the spring 2019 edition of BC to try and develope some code with VS Code.

All is good with standard DB, but then I got asked to try the same on a copy of another DB,
containing data of Fall 2018 (thing I recently discovered since I first believed it was Spring 2019).

With this DB, I can't get to do anything. Every single time I have these errors:
[2019-09-19 09:19:03.18] The request for path /BC140/dev/packages?publisher=Microsoft&appName=System&versionText=13.0.0.0 failed with code NotFound. Reason: No published package matches the provided arguments.
[2019-09-19 09:19:03.24] The request for path /BC140/dev/packages?publisher=Microsoft&appName=Application&versionText=14.0.0.0 failed with code NotFound. Reason: No published package matches the provided arguments.

Things I tried:
1) Changing versions in app.json
2) Compiling all objects (I get a few errors on some pages)
3) Generating reference symbols again and again
4) Restarting service every single time

Well, nothing of these things works, so I guess that you can't have server and data versions different, can you?

If that's the case, what should I do?
I've read a bit about technical upgrade of data, but I'm scared of the impact that all the customizations made on so many objects could have.

Anyway, this is a middle-ground migration, we are working to get all on extentions, but it's requiring its time.

Thank to any kind soul willing to help me out!

Answers

• JP_BagdonasJP_Bagdonas Member Posts: 18
    does it error when you hit CTRL + F5 ?

try manually changing the versions on app.json to be the same as the BC that works well
  • AurSoftAurSoft Member Posts: 3
    does it error when you hit CTRL + F5 ?

try manually changing the versions on app.json to be the same as the BC that works well

Yes, still gives an error.

Playing with versions I could change a bit the error: now I can download the Application' symbols, but not the system's.

I tried changing even runtime, but I can't seem to find the right way to download everything.

However, there's something peculiar: If I open the application symbols with AL Object Browser, I can't find any table, even if I correctly generated them using finsql.exe