actual cost in production statistics not updating

raja123raja123 Member Posts: 50
I'm using nav 2017,
step 1:
I created a released production order with quantity '3'.

sfpnlbwbfmac.png

step 2:
Entered these fields
Consumption quantity:3
assembly : output quantity :2
packing : output quantity:1
finally posted

zklbbp9z7puc.png

step 3:

After posting
Look at the finished quantity :1
This is because only 1 item is gone through all the production journal steps

baeye1k62d10.png

step 4:

now look at the actual cost entries in statistics
These values are created only after posting the production journal

p1rixjdornwp.png

step:5

Now i'm changing the quantity to 1 ( because i'm only producing 1 quantity)

qnymhapzc6wg.png

Step 6"

Now look at the statistics after changing quantity to 1
Only expected values are changed , Not the actual values

jbg7msgakx02.png

step 7:

Now I changed the status to finished

Look at the g/l entries
x3jqx84zodwx.png

and ran the adjust cost item entries batch job

Now again look at the g/l entries, new entries are created after adusting the costs
ttasr1mhga9f.png

step:8

Again open the statistics

No change in the actual cost values
bhzf0aojgrda.png

My question is why the actual cost values are not changing after running the adjust cost item entries batch job??

Please help me guys

Thanks in advance

Answers

• tomarsuniltomarsunil Member Posts: 25
    Hey
    I think this actual cost is for 1 quantity of output. so it will not change if you change the quantity of production order. If I am not wrong it depend on the quantity of output.
    check you capacity ledger and item ledger as well for actual cost.
  • raja123raja123 Member Posts: 50
    tomarsunil wrote: »
    Hey
    I think this actual cost is for 1 quantity of output. so it will not change if you change the quantity of production order. If I am not wrong it depend on the quantity of output.
    check you capacity ledger and item ledger as well for actual cost.

No tomarsunil, actual cost is showing what is consumed and it is showing the material cost for 3 quanitity and
    capacity cost (3.90)=2 quantity in assembly (2.40) + 1 quantity in packing(1.50) , Expected cost in statistics changes when quantity changes.

Now my question is what is the role of adjust cost item entries ??
    Does this batch job changes the actual costs in statistics or not?
    I observed this is creating additional G/L entries as variances.
  • tomarsuniltomarsunil Member Posts: 25
    Thats what I am saying that Actual cost is the cost what is actual consumed in ILE or any other cost of machine .
    so just one question why do you think if you change quantity of production order then actual cost will change?
    as per my understanding expected cost depends on production order quantity and if you change production order quantity then expected cost will also change.
    please correct me if I am wrong.
  • raja123raja123 Member Posts: 50
    tomarsunil wrote: »
    Thats what I am saying that Actual cost is the cost what is actual consumed in ILE or any other cost of machine .
    so just one question why do you think if you change quantity of production order then actual cost will change?
    as per my understanding expected cost depends on production order quantity and if you change production order quantity then expected cost will also change.
    please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes you are right , expected costs depends on production order quantity. I'm asking what is the role of adjust cost item entries batch job?
    I think that it will adjust the actual cost to expected values . Correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm changing the quantity in production order because i only produced 1 quantity right.