costing

DeepakGDeepakG Member Posts: 22
Hi, i purchase a Raw material with unit cost 10 qty @ 10 rs total amount is 100 rs, and also consumed 5 qty out of that, later on i found unit cost is rs 20 per
so i use item revaluation journal, at rs 20. but i only ravalued for remaining qty , i want to load cost on complete purchase of 10 qty and also want its cost impact on consumed item.

kindly help urgent...

Answers

• KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    Which cost method does have that material? Do you selected the movement to liquidate?
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    edited 2019-07-29
    You have to select the item no. and the appropiate entry manually in the "Applies-to Entry" field in the Revaluation Journal for this. Don't use the report "Calculate Inventory Value" to populate the journal, this will only reevaluate remaining qtys when posted.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • DeepakGDeepakG Member Posts: 22
    Hi kowa
    Thanks for reply but I need to to load cost on purchase inventory (10 qty) not only on remaining qty
    Thanks
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    DeepakG wrote: »
    Hi kowa
    Thanks for reply but I need to to load cost on purchase inventory (10 qty) not only on remaining qty
    Thanks
    Read my first sentence in my previous answer again, this is exactly what happens then. You revalue the full purchased qty.

Kai Kowalewski