Merge PDF-Files

2»

Comments

• stiastastiasta Member Posts: 106
    The client computer only has .NET 4. Could it be that I also need to install .NET 3.5 ?
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    First time I didn't read carefully the error message... Sorry about that...
    The message says that it can't load "itextsharp". When google "itextsharp" I see
    iText# (iTextSharp) is a port of the iText open source java library for PDF generation written entirely in C# for the .NET platform.

So, you are using some external library in your project. This library needs to be installed on clients.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    This is only an reference in the PDFMerger project. But I will see if I can find a install file for iText.
    First i will try to install .NET 3.5 to see if that helps. I see that the "Target framework" in the VS2010 project is .NET 3.5
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    stiasta wrote:
    This is only an reference in the PDFMerger project. But I will see if I can find a install file for iText.

Exactly - your assembly can not load that reference. .NET wouldn't help :) . The assembly you need must be available on your dev machine.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    stiasta wrote:

Exactly - your assembly can not load that reference. .NET wouldn't help :) . The assembly you need must be available on your dev machine.

How do i do this? I have registered the iText.dll that i used with the machine. But is there something else i should do.

Update on the .NET 3.5 = did not solve the problem.
  • RebekahRebekah Member Posts: 2
    Try Softaken PDF Champ