NAV License for third-party integrators?

NAVGuy1NAVGuy1 Member Posts: 1
Hello,

Our clients have several third party systems that they wish to integrate to. Our understanding was that once we create and publish the Web Services, we would have to create a NAV Full User and give that to the third party integrator so that they can query the Web Service to pull data out of NAV.

Question - is that the correct approach from a licensing standpoint?

I do not believe that External Users are suitable for this because they would be reading data from the ERP. Is that correct or are External Users an option?

We have referred to the Microsoft Licensing Guide but unfortunately they do not seem to address this point directly,

Thank you

Answers

• PatrickGrabensteinerPatrickGrabensteiner Member Posts: 10
    As far as I know you need a license if the third party software is used by the customer himself. Then every user of the third Party Software Needs a License.

If the third Party Software is used by customers of the customers e.g. webshops then you just Need one full user
  • JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    As above, but they do not need a full user. It’s free, when not used internally.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Bc365Bc365 Member Posts: 7
    External User
    As described in the Microsoft Software License Terms that apply to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018, external users are the customers of customers. This license type is specific to individual users of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018. External user licenses must not be shared with other individual users. You do not need concurrent user CALs for external users. External users must not use any clients provided by the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 Application Programming Interface (API), such as the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client or the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client. External user licenses must not be used for business process outsourcing purposes.