Options

create new company based on another one without data

HI everyone,

I need to create a new company like a old one but without the records data which maybe exist in the tables.

So I create a new company SR and I've exported data using page 9901 for my old company MR.
When I try to import the data using the .navdata file I can't select the company SR, only appears MR.

In order to avoid this I've copy the MR company to SR but now I've thousands of information I don't want and I need a fast way to delete.. I've search a few things including a deleting tool in page 50090 called Record deletion and as a super user it says I don't have execute permissions in this table... I can´t find a way to solve my problem.

Answers

• Options
    wolfskinwolfskin Member Posts: 84
    edited 2019-05-29
    Copy company then use this tool to delete data

<<http://www.olofsimren.com/record-deletion-tool-for-dynamics-nav-2015/>&gt;

Thanks,
  • Options
    Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    What version are you using?
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Hi catiamatos1991

you apparently already got the record deletion tool wolfkin recommended to you, but your license does not allow to use it.
    If you have access to a developer license, use it to use the tool. Otherwise you probably also don't have the possibility to move those objects to IDs you have licensed.

Either ask your NAV partner to help you, or use RapidStart services to export data from your old company and import it into your new company.

Without a solution provider license you will run into access problems trying to delete posted data. You would need to delete data directly from SQL.

You could also develop the reverse of Olof Simren's tool: copying only those tables to a new company in the same database that you need (Which basically is, what RapisStart allows you to do).
  • Options
    Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    Rapidstart is descent solution to create a company without posted datas
    United Kingdom