Options

Clear the remaining balance in invoice

OCWOCW Member Posts: 7
I have posted an invoice for 10,000 ( Units 10 @ 1000). I need to return only 5 units. A sales credit memo has been posted for 3500 (Units 5 @ 700). But the actual value for the sales credit memo should be 5000. How can I clear the balance of 1500 from the customer's account?

Best Answer

• Options
    RobyRRobyR Member Posts: 39
    Answer ✓
    Hi @OCW ,

I don't understand completely your question: regarding inventory you should have correctly 5 items more after Cr. Memo posting.
    For the customer balance, if the invoice was 10.000 and credit memo was 3.500 the balance should be 6.500.
    So, why are you expecting a 5.000 balance? Or is something you have to change right now?
    In this case, you can post a Sales Credit Memo for the difference using the account no. related to the previous posting to post correctly customer ledger without moving inventory.

Hope it helps you,
    Have a nice day

Answers

• Options
    RobyRRobyR Member Posts: 39
    Answer ✓
    Hi @OCW ,

I don't understand completely your question: regarding inventory you should have correctly 5 items more after Cr. Memo posting.
    For the customer balance, if the invoice was 10.000 and credit memo was 3.500 the balance should be 6.500.
    So, why are you expecting a 5.000 balance? Or is something you have to change right now?
    In this case, you can post a Sales Credit Memo for the difference using the account no. related to the previous posting to post correctly customer ledger without moving inventory.

Hope it helps you,
    Have a nice day