Options

Is this possible to upgrade from Nav to Business Central Online(Cloud)

Jacob1227Jacob1227 Member Posts: 128
Hi all,

The below UPGRADE process is possible or not?

1)NAV(2016/2017) to Business Central On-premise
2)then On-Premise to Business Central Online(Cloud)

Thanks in advance,
Jacob A.

Answers

• Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    I will suggest to go on NAV 2018 first, Convert it to extension then move to Business Central.
  • Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    It is not possible yet to get bc data from on premise to the cloud. As far as I know.
  • Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    It is not possible yet to get bc data from on premise to the cloud. As far as I know.

Actually I have just tested this for a customer.
    The Customer is on a NAV 2017 RTM, I ran a normal upgrade to BC Spring release (Very important it is a spring release) After that I ran the Extension Intelligent cloud to move their data to BC Saas.
    I can not yet confirme that it will work, this is just the first test phase.
    But a first look the data is ok.

@Jacob1227 You can try this, but right now it is only a internal test for me
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    Is it possible to move back onprem? ๐Ÿค”
  • Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    The only way I have read is that you can request support for a bacpac fil of the customers data and the restore them locally, not much information from Microsoft on that front :(
    The only information I have is from Yammer ๐Ÿค”
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    RobyRRobyR Member Posts: 39
    > @Jacob1227 said:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > The below UPGRADE process is possible or not?
    >
    > 1)NAV(2016/2017) to Business Central On-premise
    > 2)then On-Premise to Business Central Online(Cloud)
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jacob A.

Of course you can BUT before upgrade the NAV 2017 to last application release for GDPR upgrading. Then, you can migrate to NAV18 or BC onPrem and then transform all your customisations in extensions. When this will be done, you can migrate to SaaS with Intelligent Cloud.

> @TallyHo said:
    > Is it possible to move back onprem? ๐Ÿค”

Not exactly, you can remain onPrem and keep SaaS updated daily or weekly if you keep active the Intelligent Cloud app and aligned the two systems about installed extensions.
    When you are sure you want to move to SaaS then you can set the SaaS environment as primary.