Options

Upgrade to NAV 2018 dll error

jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
As I am upgrading from NAV 2016 to NAV 2018 I am workign on the upgrade toolkit. The main upgrade codeunit (Codeunit 104000 UPG.NA) will not compile for me as there are some references some business chart dll's. The Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CLient.BusinessChart.dll seems to exist on both the service tier folder and the development environment client folder (all on the same machine). Still getting an error when I go to compile the codeunit:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
Could not load type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.QueryMetadataReader.'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.Model, Version=https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/orGdCkR7mrhOn5KliJ9fvm?domain=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35''.
OK

Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the tips. Turns out the "wrong" version of the dll was referenced in the codeunit. The version was actually a url which is something I have never seen before. I was able to select the same dll but with a currently installed version and reselect the same method and everything compiles fine.
    Version that comes with UpgradeToolkit:
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.QueryMetadataReader.'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.Model, Version=https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/orGdCkR7mrhOn5KliJ9fvm?domain=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    version I changed it to:
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.QueryMetadataReader.'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.Model, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

Pretty sure others will run into this if they haven't already when upgrading to NAV 2018 On Prem. Most likely that dll is for the online model.

Answers

• Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    Perhaps this one needs tot be registered as an add-in control
  • Options
    edited 2019-04-09
    It's already there in the ad-in's table. Are you suggesting I re-import it? Tried that and didn't change anything.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    From which version you upgraded??
    Was it running fine in the previous version?
    It's therein Add-in folder?
  • Options
    Upgrading from NAV 2016 to NAV 2018. It is theupgrade toolkit codeunit that is references the dll so I have not used it before this. There is an add-in folder with the dll.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    So if it was running fine in the previous version then there no need to register the dll, As far as I understand system is not recognising that dll, can you remove and re put the dll in Program files --> Role tailored client --> Addin folder.

Manually see if you able to see that dll in dotnet variable and all its methods.
    Make sure you have the same code base.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the tips. Turns out the "wrong" version of the dll was referenced in the codeunit. The version was actually a url which is something I have never seen before. I was able to select the same dll but with a currently installed version and reselect the same method and everything compiles fine.
    Version that comes with UpgradeToolkit:
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.QueryMetadataReader.'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.Model, Version=https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/orGdCkR7mrhOn5KliJ9fvm?domain=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    version I changed it to:
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.QueryMetadataReader.'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.Model, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

Pretty sure others will run into this if they haven't already when upgrading to NAV 2018 On Prem. Most likely that dll is for the online model.