Options

Add external document no. in purchase order

Hi everyone,

I need to add the field external document no the purchase order page. This field don't exist by default like in Sales order, so i search a little and I saw this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav-app/localfunctionality/unitedkingdom/how-to-enter-external-document-numbers
To enter external document numbers in sales and purchase orders
Choose the Search for Page or Report icon, enter Sales Orders or Purchase Orders, and then choose the related link.
Select a relevant sales order or purchase order, and then choose the Edit action.
On the General FastTab, in the External Document No. field or the Vendor Invoice No. field, enter the invoice number.
Enter information into the required fields.
Choose the OK button.

So the field Vendor Invoice No. is the same as external document no is that it? Anyone who need this field what have you done?

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    External Document No. field and Vendor Invoice No. are not exactly the same, but both serve the same purpose - to record the external document numbers. To be precise there are also Vendor Order No. and Vendor Shipment No. on Purchase side. The names are self-explanatory.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    catiamatos1991catiamatos1991 Member Posts: 158
    edited 2019-04-03
    @Slawek_Guzek I want this in page 147 for purchase credit memo.. I want a column to show this information understand? In table 25 I have the field external document no and I need this field inside my page..

I've ad a new var of record type (Vendor Ledger Entry) and add it to my page. Now I need to get the credit memo external document no, which exists in table 25 and in order to that I was trying

VendorLedgerEntry.SETCURRENTKEY("Document No.");
    VendorLedgerEntry.GET(FORMAT("No."));
    MESSAGE('no %1',FORMAT("No."));
    //VendorLedgerEntry.GET(FORMAT("No."));
    //"External Document No":=VendorLedgerEntry."External Document No.";

The problem is where to put this code? In init/open page it won't work because "no." is printing empty
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2019-04-03
    Unfortunately on posted documents side Vendor Invoice No and Vendor Order No. is stores in Purch. Inv. Header and Purch. Rcpt Header tables but not on Purch. Cr. Memo Hdr.

Purch. Cr. Memo Hdr. has a field called Vendor Cr. Memo No.,

Orders are not related to the credit memo header but to individual credit memo lines. If you create a Credit Memo, and get lines onto it from two different receipts generated from two different orders (this is standard NAV functionality), which order number are you going to show on the header level?
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03