Account no. must have value in Gen Journal Line:Journal Template Name=,Journal Batch Name=,Line=0

navisionerinnavisionerin Member Posts: 161
edited 2019-03-14 in Navision Financials
Hello,
I received the following error when trying to post the Calc and Post VAT Settlement, UK version
There aren't any entries in the Gen Journal, in none of the journals indeed..

Best Answer

Answers

• lubostlubost Member Posts: 611
    Which kind of document are you attempted to post?
  • navisionerinnavisionerin Member Posts: 161
    Purchase Invoice and Credit memos
    It seems that system attempted to post fully empty line. What your debugger call stack shows?
    It seems as some customization.
    The debbuger stops at the Testfield function for the Balancing Account No in the gen journal.
    However, there is nothing in the general journals..

tbaj6wmix36w.png
  • Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    so you are posting purchase document but getting this error? do i understand correctly?
    United Kingdom
    Sorry, no wrong written. I am trying to post the Calc and Post VAT Settlement and I am getting this error
    do you see entries in the preview of report? until Post and check
    United Kingdom
    yes, there are entries, but they seem fine. nothing looks wrong - the combination of the vat bus and prod is okay, the setup of the posting groups is fine, the gen prod posting group is also fine. I tried comparing them both, look fine to me, so dont know what could of gone wrong and what else to look at...?
    What your call stack in debugger shows?
    @navisionerin check your VAT posting setup. Make sure that all combinations of VAT Bus Posting Group and Product Posting Group has Sales VAT Account , Purchase VAT account and if VAT calculation Type is Reverse Charge VAT then make sure Reverse Charge VAT Account field is filled in.
    United Kingdom
    @lubost it stops where I have pointed - the bal account no.
    @Developer101 i have checked everything and it seems to be aboslutely fine and that is why i am confused. So gen prod posting group - default vat prod posting group
    has nothing. the combination of vat bus posting group and vat prod posting group seems to be okay, the vat business posting groups and vat product posting groups is fine...
    @navisionerin thats fine but you need to check VAT posting setup. Can you screenshot vat posting setup and paste on here please?
    United Kingdom
    very similar to this one, i checked the chart of account to see whether the accouns are okay, they were all fine
    izwolyfcsh5f.png
    there is one reverse charge VAT you need to fill in. the last line of highlight line. for EU VAT20
    United Kingdom
    @navisionerin Reverse Charge VAT Acc for line EU VAT20 (VAT calculation type Reverse Charge) must have an account filled in.
    United Kingdom
    Soory guys, it is all nominal. JUst had a another look at it. it is not reversed. All is nominal.
    not sure that i understand correctly. The issue you are hitting is because the nominal is needs to be filled in even you are using it or not. because it is blank that is why you are getting an error when posting the Calc and Post VAT
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    this is not the clients data, this is my example. the clients data is fine. there isnt reversed not filled in or anything. Also they are using intercompany and managed to run it in one company with the same vat setup, but couldnt run it in this one and got this error message
    can you check in the actual company where there is issue and get VAT posting setup screen shot in client's database?
    United Kingdom
    edited 2019-03-14
    this is the vat posting setup. for the latest entries i am using the red lines
    Call Stack is separate window in debugger. It shows calling sequence which lead to code where debugger stops. Probably you have it hidden.
    your posting setup looks ok its strange that you are getting account no. blank, are you sure the report has not been modified?
    United Kingdom
    edited 2019-03-14
    i have only got this code commented
    edited 2019-03-14
    i am not sure if it could be because of it, as it is checking totally different fields.....
    not sure why you would have commented the code like that - any valid reason?
    United Kingdom