Options

Open Page from itself (recursively)

Hi,
I want to add an Action to the "Item Leger Entries" page, that opens itself, but with a different filtering:
Usually I open the page from an item page to see all postings for that item. I want to add an action, that opens the same page, but filtered by the "Document No." of the currently selected record,
I added an action to perform this, but it is inactive (grayed out).
If I use the same action to open "Value Entries" it works without problems, in fact, I have added the same action to the "Value Entries" page to return to "Item Ledger Entries" again, and it works as it should.
Is there somthing built into NAV that blocks self recursive calls? Is the a way to surround that blocking (preferrably without coding as I only have a Designer Licence).
... or am I making some other mistake?

I'm using NAV 2015, 8.0.2591.0 with LS Retail / LS NAV 9.00.06

Thanks,
Lutz

Answers

• Options
    Osak3Osak3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I never tried it on the Item GL page but I did something similar.
    You may try something like:

recGL.reset;
    recGL.SETFILTER(new filters);
    If recGL.findset then begin
    clear(newGLpage);
    newGLpage.RUN(recGL);
    currpage.close;
    end;

NOTE: you should also try to do the currpage.close begore running the new one. just to check if the old page really closed itself of it is just on the background and closes itself after you close the newGLpage.
  • Options
    Osak3Osak3 Member Posts: 5
    Osak3 wrote: »
    Hi,

I never tried it on the Item GL page but I did something similar.
    You may try something like:

recGL.reset;
    recGL.SETFILTER(new filters);
    If recGL.findset then begin
    clear(newGLpage);
    newGLpage.RUN(recGL);
    currpage.close;
    end;

NOTE: you should also try to do the currpage.close begore running the new one. just to check if the old page really closed itself of it is just on the background and closes itself after you close the newGLpage.

forgot to add that you should create a "Document No." key on the GL table
  • Options
    HeinziTuberkelHeinziTuberkel Member Posts: 4
    Hi again,
    thanks for your help.
    Unfortunately this is a solution, I can't implement myself as I only have a Designer Licence, which means I can add/edit components and controls on pages but I can't write code for a page.
    I would have to write a change request to our NAV partner, ask an estimate, explain the benefit and the drawbacks to my boss, get it confirmed, order it, test it, pay for the development and voila: three months have passed :-( ;-)
    That's why I had hoped, there might be a solution without coding. :-)