Options

Subscription Events not running

iansilversiansilvers Member Posts: 38
We are in the process of implementing a new version of Dynamics NAV 2016 CU1, and during testing are having a few issues with subscriptions. I have a codeunit which has a number of new functions which are subscriptions to events in the standard tables and codeunits. I have noticed that these subscribers are not always being fired, and when I look at the Subscription Events from the debugger, none of my events are listed. Re-compiling the codeunit, and they re-appear.

Has anyone else experienced similar behaviour?

Answers

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi ,
    I am not sure but it seems an issue that is resolved with Latest Cumulative Updates. At Least Apply the Platform Hotfix (Exe Fix) of the Latest Cumulative Update.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Henry1973Henry1973 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Today I may have experienced the same problem. Does anyone know which Hotfix may solve this issue.
    Kind regards, Henry
  • Options
    lpglpg Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Had the same problem today using the latest NAV 2017 cumulative update 2 (build 14767).
    Updated some objects in the database, and the subscriptions was disabled. Recompile fixed the problem.
    The missing event subscriptions resulted in data not being updated correctly in the database. In this case the data could be recalculated.

But we had a similar problem two months ago at a customer using NAV 2016. In this case the data had to be recreated manually!

Best regards,
    Lars Peter
  • Options
    zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
    As far as know this problem is still confirmed in CU10, but should be fixed in CU11.
  • Options
    yuranyuran Member Posts: 4
    I will recommend to create development database and make all the changes in this database. Once the testing is done, migrate the objects to live, compile them and also compile the codeunits including codeunit 1 and restart the live nav service instance. If you are not ready to apply the latest cumulative update, you have to do at least the process mentioned above.
  • Options
    Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT]Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 22
    We have fixed an issue in the upcoming NAV2016 CU16 in regards to events!
    (Last event fix before that was in CU11 as far as I remember)
    Unfortunately it did not make it into NAV 2017 CU3, I will ensure that it hits NAV2017 CU4.

Bug description:
    The problem show's if you open a page A with source table B, in which there is a flow field against another table C. You then make a event subscription in Codeunit D towards page A.

If you recompile C, it will start stailing object for reload, but here was a bug where the parenting objects could end in a situation, where events was not rebound to the objects.
    So Codeunit D events would stop being fired

If you don't compile objects in you live environments, you are not hit by the issue

Workaround:
    If you are on CU11 or later then a restart is enough to make all events rebind

Best Regards,
    Torben Wind Meyhoff
    [MSFT]
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • Options
    spidionespidione Member Posts: 3
    edited 2017-03-15
    Hi Torben,

Can you tell exactly what was fixed in CU11 regarding events? We find that sometime events are not firing in Nav 2016 CU10.
  • Options
    frankmortensenfrankmortensen Member Posts: 42
    @Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT] : We have a customer running on NAV 2017 CU1. And they are experiencing similar issues with some events not binding when new/modified objects are released to their test environment. Will a restart do the rebinding on NAV 2017 CU1? or is there another workaround?
    And what is meant by restart? Restart of all service tiers? Clients? SQL-server?
  • Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    @Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT] : We have a customer running on NAV 2017 CU1. And they are experiencing similar issues with some events not binding when new/modified objects are released to their test environment. Will a restart do the rebinding on NAV 2017 CU1? or is there another workaround?
    And what is meant by restart? Restart of all service tiers? Clients? SQL-server?

On some of the previous build of NAV 2016/2017 when I trigger a table change, this error occurred.
    Try compiling the subscriber objects, it is usually a fix until you can update the customer to newere CU
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    frankmortensenfrankmortensen Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for the answer.
    Your solution is "Try compiling the subscriber objects (in the live environment)", which contridicts the comment from Torben "If you don't compile objects in you live environments, you are not hit by the issue".

I would very much like to try and recreate your scenario.
    Is it a specific type of change on the table that triggers this?
    Do you release the table and the subscriber object in the same file, or just the table?
    Is it possible to see the wrongfully unbound events in the events-list page and do they show an error?