Item Tracking in Manufacturing

vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
Hi experts,

is there a standard way in NAV to track items consumed in manufacturing over to the output?

Some of my consumed items contain lots, some serial numbers. The output item is tracked by serial number. I want to find out, which output item by serial no. contains which consumed item by lot or serial no.

I have to produce substantial quantities, so creating a separate production order for each item to produce is not an option.

If this needs customization, how would you go about it?

Have you done such a thing already, and how well does your solution work?

Answers

• sorenhinrupsorenhinrup Member Posts: 136
    There are, as far as I know, only one standard way of achieving this. That is 1 qty. pr. production order.
    I this would be customized, I would change the item tracking page when consuming to have a new column for output S/N and then block for posting if the output S/N haven't been filled.
    This solution requires the output serial numbers to be defined at production start.
  • golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    I would say this is standard functionality unless I misunderstand the requirement. Consumption can be defined with Lot and/or Serial No and Output can be defined as unique serial no per piece. So the same or several lots in consumption can be used to output several unique serial nos. If needed you can assign the serial Nos by defining starting serial No and the No of items. All is later tracked by the Item Tracing function where you can track which Lot was consumed in which SN:s and vice versa.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Hi golfer,
    golfer wrote: »
    All is later tracked by the Item Tracing function where you can track which Lot was consumed in which SN:s and vice versa.

What is "the Item Tracing function"? Where can I find it?

And how do I inform the system about which serial no. was consumed to output which new serial no.? In general, consumption and output can be posted independently.