Options

No SQL Servers show up on "Available Microsoft SQL Servers" page in NAV Development Environment

barandenizbarandeniz Member Posts: 44
edited 2018-12-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hello all, i would like to see installed SQL Servers in the NAV Development Environment when press F6 on Open Database page while i am at Server Name field. I should able to see the list on screenshot-1 in the list on screenshot-2.

zud5rj57zfor.png

0se8kt42ds71.png

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    It do not think that is possible.
    But even if SQL server is not listed in NAV development, you can still connect to it, you just need to write the name.
    PS. the only server/database that are shown is the ones you have access to
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    SanderDk wrote: »
    It do not think that is possible.
    But even if SQL server is not listed in NAV development, you can still connect to it, you just need to write the name.
    PS. the only server/database that are shown is the ones you have access to

Yeah i know. I can access if you write server and instance names. But according to Microsoft docs, i need to see all available server in the domain.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/uiref/-$-s_2341-available-microsoft-sql-servers-$-
  • Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Well it have never worked for me before, Even if the docs says.
    But it you find a way, I would like to know it :smile:
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    SanderDk wrote: »
    Well it have never worked for me before, Even if the docs says.
    But it you find a way, I would like to know it :smile:

Unfortunately it has never worked for me too.. Maybe someone know some kind of trick..