Changing visibility of a field in a card (cardpart) page

Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
edited 2018-12-04 in NAV Three Tier
I think it is impossible to change a card (cardpart) page field's visibility dynamically (when the page goes to any other record -OnAfterGetRecord or OnAfterGetCurrRecord, the visibility variable is re-set). It works on groups but not fields. Or am I missing something very important :/ ?

PS: We cannot use boolean array member variable (BoolVar[1],BoolVar[2], ... ect.) in the visibility property too :s:'(
Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Try setting the IncludeInDataset property on boolean variable used to control visibility to Yes. Not sure if it helps though, I normally use extra group level to control visibility of individual fields, If I have to.

There was nice blog write-up somewhere explaining the difference which IncludeInDataset property makes, and why it is there. Unfortunately I can't find any reference to it right now
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Hello Slawek,
    Try setting the IncludeInDataset property on boolean variable used to control visibility to Yes.

Unfortunately IncludeInDataset property doesn't work. But as you said, wrapping all field controls in a group and controlling groups' visibilities works.

Thanks for suggestion!
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005