Block double entry of item line

Hi,

Am still new in navision development I want to block a user from entering two same item number in the sales line this is because the user can inserts different quantities in the two lines in the same order number and two same item numbers want to have only one item number in the sales line not repeating the items number in the lines.Am using navision 2015.

Regards,

oleluapo

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-11-30
    Hi,
    I want to block a user from entering two same item number in the sales line this is because the user can inserts different quantities in the two lines in the same order number and two same item numbers

OK, and what is exactly wrong with that? What is wrong with having 2 lines with the same item each with Qty 1 rather than one line with Qty. 2 on it?

I can tell you for example what is potentially wrong with not allowing having the same item to be used multiple times on the same order - you may want at some point to have different dimensions on each line and item, or different expected/delivery dates...

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • lubostlubost Member Posts: 611
    - User who is approve to enter sales orders should solve your issue without modifying any code
    - Multiple lines with same Item give an opportunity to sale the second one with other price (e.g. benefit)