Filtering multi-value field on request page of report

liizzliizz Member Posts: 125
Hello all,

I have a drop down list used for filtering on a request page of a report. Multiple values can be selected in the drop down list.

However with web client NAV 2016, I can not choose multiple values and I am restricted to select only one value.
Can someone please tell me whether there is an alternative method in allowing multi-values selection ?

Comments

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    The easiest way to do this is to expose the field to which you want to apply your filter, on a fasttab belonging to a data item. Then you're done.

If you can't do this, you will have to program it. See this post for examples. In your case, you don't need the list of selected records, but a filter expression. Codeunit 46 SelectionFilterManagement offers functions to do just that. If your record is not yet supported, just add another function. Condition to use this codeunit is that exactly one field of the current key may differ in your selected set and you must construct your filter expression on that field.
  • Mark_SmartMark_Smart Member Posts: 16
    You can always add a column to display the value of Mark if all else fails. Marks work fine in RTC, you just have the write code and page actions to display and set them.