NAV 2016 Mobile compatible Add-in for Audio Feedback

BrimstarBrimstar Member Posts: 14
I'm stumped here, but I've also never really done add-ins before. I've got a custom set of forms that use barcode input I'm working on. The plan is for the users to be working with Zebra TC56 barcode scanners running the NAV Android app. I've got things working except for a request for audio feedback. If there's an issue with the scan they'd like the device to make a sound to alert them. Any pointers on how to make this work? Currently on NAV2016 CU15.1.

As far as current work goes, I've been using the MS Dynamics NAV add-in template for Visual Studio. I've made a couple of attempts, but so far it doesn't seem to be working. I have seen my javascript code show up on the page, but I couldn't get the file to play.

Best Answer

• BrimstarBrimstar Member Posts: 14
    Answer ✓
    And I finally got this working using howler.js and way too much effort. This whole process pushed me way outside of what I've done with NAV in the past so it was interesting. I put the built add-in up on the NAVUG code share site and will probably get around to setting up a git repo for the code itself when I get a chance.

Answers

• BrimstarBrimstar Member Posts: 14
    Answer ✓
    And I finally got this working using howler.js and way too much effort. This whole process pushed me way outside of what I've done with NAV in the past so it was interesting. I put the built add-in up on the NAVUG code share site and will probably get around to setting up a git repo for the code itself when I get a chance.
  • krzysztofkrzysztof Member Posts: 1
    Hello

I have a similar problem, could you please help me to solve it?
    Users work with a NAV App installed on an Android-based barcode scanner. They need to hear alert sounds when an error/message is thrown in NAV.
    Any hint please how to do that?!

Thanks in advance!
    Krzysztof