What is the deadline to upgrade NAV 2009-2017 to NAV 2018?

We have read some official Microsoft statements in different channels and discovered, that April 1st, 2019 is the deadline for upgrade/transition from NAV 2009-2017 to NAV 2018. If you have NAV 2009-2017 license and you were paying BREP, you will be able to upgrade/transition to Dynamics NAV 2018 till April 1st, 2019. You will keep concurrent user license type if you upgrade to NAV 2018. We have written more information here.

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Precisely speaking there is no deadline when to upgrade NAV 2009-2017 to NAV 2018.

There is, however, a deadline when to upgrade the license file. It's a small but important difference :)

Licensse can be upgraded now and kept on the shelf. The only problem with this approach is when one wants to add objects or users to the old license. One possible way of alleviating it is to buy couple of extra users and objects before upgrading the license file.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    So do i understand the above, as after April 2019 a customer can’t upgrade??
    Sounds strange. What is maintenance for if you can’t upgrade??
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • Inga_SimplanovaInga_Simplanova Member Posts: 21
    Microsoft extended the period of new NAV 2018 license sales till April 1st, 2019. It was January 1st, 2019 announced previously.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    OK I plain simply don't believe this. Either someone at Microsoft miscommunicated something or they just came up with an idea that they will forget under customer pressure. Given that NAV 2016 or 2017 will still have and have to have mainstream support in 2019, it is impossible that after 1 April the licence files of them cannot be upgraded to 2018. It is possible that new sales is stopped but upgrade will not be, I am sure of it.

BTW 70% of the customer base is still on Classic. This is why I don't believe the whole thing, there are limits to which they can afford to screw the customer base, they will be move back from it once they get feedback from companies like Adidas or IKEA.