Options

Sync-NAVTenant Error

Hello Sir/Ma'am,

I've been a reader and a fan of this forum for almost 2 years even when im not yet working as nav tech.

Im currently upgrading a client's NAV5 to NAV2015, both object and data, actually I already finished the object upgrade luckily the client now opted to have a beg. balance instead of data upgrade. But, I already tried doing a data upgrade, and my first attempt I think is unsuccessful because of the last Sync-NAVTenant part, the part where I already imported my original NAV2015 object to the upgraded data..

The Problem is this, When I run the Sync-NAVTenant, I got lots of error:

Here are few lines:
Sync-NavTenant : The schema synchronization may result in deleted data. The 
following destructive changes were detected:

Table: 9, Country/Region
Field: 28000, Address Validation: Deleted
Field: 28001, AMAS Software: Deleted

Table: 15, G/L Account
Field: 28040, WHT Business Posting Group: Deleted
Field: 28041, WHT Product Posting Group: Deleted
Field: 3010551, Cost Type No.: Deleted
Field: 5055250, Liquid Account No.: Deleted

I checked the table (Country/Region), and 1 of the 2 missing field is there but it is numbered base on customer numbering, which is 50000, and I think that is the reason why im getting the error for that field. I think the rest of the errors are just the same.

I tried renumbering the field with ID 50000 to 28000, but I got an error (because it is a country dependent Numbering I think).

Can I have any suggestion how i can run SYNC-NAVTENANT without getting errors.
Im afraid to use force Sync because it might delete some data, and the upgrading will fail.

Thank you in advance and God Bless!!!

Regards,

Vince

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hey Vince,
    If the Fields are on 5000 series that those should be part of your merged objects sets that you did.
    I agree that field now available in standard but your data still reside in the custom fields.

Consider secnario of Table 9 as in version 5-
    Field: 50000, Address Validation
    Field: 50001, AMAS Software

You should have table 9 in version 2009 as -
    Field: 28000, Address Validation
    Field: 28001, AMAS Software
    Field: 50000, Address Validation Old
    Field: 50001, AMAS Software Old

You will not get the error during sync. once upgrade is over create a batch to move data from custom to standard fields and once data is moved delete custom fields.

Let me know if any doubts.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    djvince23djvince23 Member Posts: 7
    Yeah, that's what should Ive done.. after converting from 2013 to 2015, I have to import all objects that I have upgraded and replaced old objects, and in my object, the 28000 series fields are not there, only those 50000, because I can't create a 28000 series..

I think, the only thing that I can do is, get those fields with conflict, do a force upgrade, copy records from those conflicting fields from old database to the fields of newly upgraded database.. but for sure, that was a lot of work to do..
  • Options
    thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    Hi Vince.

You must remember to do Sync-NAVTenant after upgrading the database and before importing the new 2015 objects.
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
  • Options
    firozansarifirozansari Member Posts: 3
    Dear All,

Hope you are doing good,

I am upgrading NAV 2009 R2 to NAV2018, Now I have successfully upgraded to NAV2013 and its working. Also completed code upgradation and imported up-gradated code and Upgrade7001100.FOB.
    When I am going to upgrade NAV 2013 to NAV 2018 I am getting below Error.
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
    The schema synchronization may result in deleted data. The following destructive changes were detected:

Table: 355, Ledger Entry Dimension

Field: 1, Table ID: Data type changed

Field: 2, Entry No.: Data type changed

Field: 3, Dimension Code: Data type changed

Field: 4, Dimension Value Code: Data type changed

Examples of code to migrate data:

DataUpgradeMgt.SetTableSyncSetup(DATABASE::"Ledger Entry Dimension",[Upgrade Table Id],TableSynchSetup.Mode::[Mode]);

DataUpgradeMgt.SetTableSyncSetup(DATABASE::"Object Tracking",[Upgrade Table Id],TableSynchSetup.Mode::[Mode]);
    OK

Thanks & regards
    Firoz