Options

NAV dimensions issue

NajamNajam Member Posts: 4
Hi Dears,

We are currently involved in bookkeeping on Microsoft NAV, latest version.
We are facing an issue with dimensions for quite some time. We have 2 dimension , say 101 and 102.

We are uploading the full GL for each of the previous years, via configuration, company Worksheet, General journal layout.
We have checked the box for 'dimensions as column' in the configuration and then import the data. Then we apply it, no error :).
Next we go to journals ,general journal, default and review posting. We have added the Global dimension as a column in the 'Edit General Journal' window to see if the dimensions codes are uploaded correctly, and there are dimension for all entries in the column.

However, once we post the eentry and go to HOME and view G/L by dimension, there is no value in the dimensions column while the Total Balance shows that the entry was posted correctly.

Furthermore, I tried again, this time I uploaded the data, went to Journals,general journal, default. If I go to dimensions in the action bar and just change the dimension to GAAP/IFRS and then back to what it was earlier and then post the entry. This way it will show the value in dimension column, when I preview the G/L by dimensions.

We have no help at hand and would really appreciate, if any expert could guide us in this regard.

Answers

• Options
    NajamNajam Member Posts: 4
    Any one??? Please !!!
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!