Closing reversed bank entries

joenoblejoenoble Member Posts: 2
First post here - apologies for any mistakes!

We are using Dynamics NAV 2017.

We have reversed some bank ledger entries. The original and reversed entries are marked as 'reversed' but remain 'open'. Is this the correct way for it to work? Instinctively, I would expect reversed transactions to be marked 'closed'.

When we come to do the bank account reconciliation, these 'open' and 'reversed' ledger entries do not appear on the right hand side of the reconciliation window, so cannot be reconciled and closed.

How are we supposed to close reversed bank ledger entries?

I would expect either the process of reversing a ledger entry to close it off, or for all open ledger entries to appear on the right hand side of the reconciliation window so they can be matched off and reconciled.

One solution to this is to use the 'suggest lines' feature, which suggests statement lines to match the reversed ledger entries even though they are not shown on the right hand side. If we do this, the statement lines are matched and posting the reconciliation closes the reversed bank ledger entries.

This however does not feel like a satisfactory solution to the problem. Furthermore, we use import bank statements, not suggest lines, so this solution will not work for us.

Can anybody help us with this?

Thank you for your time

Joe

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• sydneynavmansydneynavman Member Posts: 11
    HI, we have exactly the same problem so thanks for the workaround re 'suggest lines'. Was there any other feedback received re this? We are on 2017 RU26 I think.
  • joenoblejoenoble Member Posts: 2
    Hi Sydney, no we never found a satisfactory solution to it.